You need Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 or later to use this feature. You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer from http://www.microsoft.com

I just fixed this one. I had to create a registry entry in "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" with the version information. Make a new string value called "Version", and enter the version information, in my case I entered "7.0.5730.13". I don't think that it matters too much what version you enter as long as it is later that the 4.01 that is required.

6 comments:

  Anonymous

March 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Hi, thank you for the wonderful and helpful info you posted on here. I had a problem with my outlook express that says " you need Microsoft Internet Explorer...." I followed what you did and it WORKS!

  Unknown

May 1, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I tried that, it didn't work with mine :(

  ikyu-san

May 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM

it WORKS!

  Anonymous

December 22, 2011 at 3:20 AM

That just saved me a ton of work. Thanks!

  Anonymous

April 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

You are a life saver mate, great, Thanks a lot

  Glory Pachnanda

March 29, 2019 at 10:49 AM

Hello dear,
I want to tell you that This concept is not working.
Thank you